Table of Contents
If you still think it’s challenging to run an online business, you’ve clearly missed the memo.
In fact, a whole lot of memos. Thanks to email marketing services and the Shopify app store, you can own an eCommerce business that sells to millions of customers online.
These are the numbers in Radicati’s Email Statistics Report to get you up to speed.
It estimates the worldwide email users at 4.9 billion in 2023. And it’s not just numbers. Research reveals very promising email marketing statistics.
As for Shopify, it is one of the biggest eCommerce platforms for hosting an online store, with features for managing and organizing things.
Perhaps you’d like to take a minute to revel in the prospects of combining both — Shopify and email marketing.
Because I’ll be going into just how you can get the most out of this special marriage of the best email marketing for Shopify.
But before we do that…
First, email marketing campaigns are unbelievably effective for growing brands.
Even data from Shopify confirms this. It reports that email campaign is the best technique for converting digital marketing as far as Shopify is concerned at 4.29%.
After setting up an excellent email marketing strategy, you can start looking at getting more from searches, direct marketing, and social platforms.
And as I’ve mentioned earlier, email marketing generally offers excellent prospects as far as profits are concerned. An Emarsys report showed that email marketing is the main channel of acquiring and retaining customers for 80% of businesses.
Not only does email marketing offer unique opportunities to get new customers, but it also helps with customer retention by making it easy to inform, get closer to customers, and manage their data.
The best email marketing software for Shopify are:
- Shopify Email
|Tool||$ (starts from)||Free plan/trial?||Automation?||List building?||Shopify app?||Templates?|
|Omnisend||$16||✅||– Welcome mail|
– Abandoned carts
– Automation splits
|Klaviyo||$20||✅||– Welcome mail|
– Abandoned cart
– Product recommendation
|Privy||$15||✅||– Welcome mail|
– Cart abandonment
– Order confirmation
|Drip||$19||✅||– Welcome mail|
– Abandoned cart
– Post-purchase campaigns
Here’s more info on their top features and pricing information.
Omnisend is a renowned email marketing app that helps Shopify store owners convert visitors and retain customers. And this is made possible with its robust marketing automation.
- Advanced customer targeting. Omnisend lets you target customers based on their behavior. You can use this advanced feature to segment customers and ensure everyone gets personalized emails that resonate with them.
- Enough list-building features. Omnisend has all the tools for building a list. That includes landing pages, pop-ups, sign-up forms, etc.
- Pre-built automation workflows. The email marketing service’s advanced automation capabilities help you get things done while you rest. Hence, you can continue selling non-stop whether you’re around or not.
- In-depth reporting. With Omnisend’s in-depth reporting and analytics, you can track performance and improve strategies.
Omnisend has three pricing plans — Free, Standard, and Pro. The Standard plan is the most popular due to its extra features. It starts at $16 for up to 500 contacts.
💬 The bottom line
This email marketing app features many of the top tools you need to maintain a successful Shopify business.
It’s no wonder over 70,000 eCommerce businesses trust Omnisend. That includes Hallmark, BlackMango, and Duke Cannon.
Klaviyo is almost synonymous with Shopify email marketing. And that is in no small part due to its powerful automation and customer targeting. This email marketing service also helps you increase sales with customizations and several email templates.
- Full-scale automated campaigns. Klaviyo makes it easy to automate your campaign so you can grow continuously. This keeps your customers engaged with recommendations from an email marketing software that helps out.
- Advanced segmentation. By dividing your email list into relevant segments, you can better target customers. Klaviyo makes it possible to segment using a wide range of factors.
- Seamless setup and integration. Getting started with the email marketing service is easy. It quickly syncs all available information while integrating with other email marketing tools.
- Efficient tracking. This email marketing app tracks email campaigns through the amount spent and generated. This gives an easier understanding alongside its other metrics.
Klaviyo has a cost-effective pricing plan with a free plan to reach 250 contacts. The paid plan starts at $20 for up to 500 contacts.
💬 The bottom line
Klaviyo is a wonderful email marketing app with powerful integration for eCommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.
I also love this email marketing software because its powerful features are available for everyone. Big and small businesses can get the top features and pay only based on the number of contacts.
If you fancy an email marketing platform that focuses on Shopify and eCommerce businesses, I would totally recommend Privy.
Think list building, templates, pop-ups, tracking, and reports; all the features you need to grow your Shopify store all in a place.
- Great customer support. Privy has one of the best customer services around. Not only do they offer live chat and email supports, but they also offer dedicated experts and one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Build lists and messages quickly. Privy offers a massive library of pre-built email templates for getting you up to speed. You don’t have a list yet? They also help with this through their many list-building pop-ups and forms.
- Comprehensive reports. Privy also has a revenue reporting feature for understanding working strategies and others that need improvements.
Privy’s pricing comes in three forms. The Free plan lets you email 100 contacts as well as gives you access to many interesting features. The Starter plan gives you more for $15/month, while the Growth plan includes SMS.
💬 The bottom line
Privy is well-known on the Shopify App Store for good reasons. It concentrates on helping your store make more sales with a wide range of comprehensive and easy-to-use tools.
Drip is another option on the list that specializes in eCommerce businesses. That means you get a standout email marketing tool that offers Shopify-centered automation and customizations.
- Understand customers better. Customer data can get confusing, but not with Drip. It lets you leverage all available information from Shopify customers and presents it all to you in a place.
- Manage customers with helpful recommendations. Drip also makes recommendations that tell you what email marketing strategy to do next, whether it’s welcome emails, abandoned cart campaigns, post-purchase emails, SMS marketing automation, or other email outreach strategies.
- Seamless and straightforward tracking. Unlike other tools, Drip makes it easy to understand how your Shopify store is doing. The analytics dashboard is clean with details of your strategies and performance.
Pricing plans on Drip begin at $19 for 500 contacts. You also get access to a 14-day free trial to get a glimpse of what’s on offer.
💬 The bottom line
I recommend Drip for businesses concerned about getting premium email marketing features irrespective of budget.
This email marketing app focuses on dynamic features that let you understand and manage your campaigns more efficiently.
5. Shopify Email
This list wouldn’t be complete without Shopify’s own email marketing software. Shopify Email offers a minimalist and easy-to-use platform.
- Set up email marketing without coding knowledge. Shopify Email helps merchants who do not have any coding experience. I find the email templates diverse and seamless in handling customer data.
- Create branded emails easily. It lets you create branded emails that match your Shopify store. And all you have to do is move the blocks around and add customization of your choice.
- Sell and market from the same place. This email marketing service gives you a trustworthy platform and all the features you need to grow your store. That means you do not have to alternate between apps.
- Store reports and analysis. Shopify Email also gives you reports and analytics of your performance to help your decision-making.
Shopify offers highly competitive pricing with a 14-day free trial. Their plans start at $29/month, with free 2,500 emails every month.
💬 The bottom line
There are not many advanced features available here.
Which makes it more suitable for anyone new with no substantial email marketing experience or someone wanting basic features.
In a nutshell…
Email marketing is a top strategy for getting the most out of any online business. The great news is Shopify merchants too can leverage the channel for their business.
And now, you know the best Shopify email marketing apps to make your online store stand out. In case you missed the main points, this is a summary.
Omnisend is my top recommendation, thanks to its many top features and competitive pricing. Klaviyo and Privy are other excellent email marketing apps that offer perfect Shopify integration.
However, if you prefer an option that focuses their email campaigns on Shopify, you won’t go wrong with Drip. And Shopify Email is the special email marketing app from Shopify if you can spare some of the top features.
Although unlikely, if you would like to try out an email marketing tool not on the list above, ActiveCampaign is a decent option. And so are SendinBlue, Campaign Monitor, and Constant Contact.