It’s white, sleek, and minimalist.
The white mechanical keyboard is the newest trend and desk accessory for gamers, programmers, and those looking for a softer aesthetic. And this is quite essential, considering we come face to face with the keyboard multiple times every day.
Chasing a submission deadline or battling to topple your high score is hard enough, and your keyboard should not make it any challenging.
Hence, it would help if you had a mechanical keyboard that combines the proper switching, durable construction, and special features, without missing out on an aesthetic build that eases you into tasks and interests you enough to keep you going.
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to combine these factors. Whether you’re a gamer or professional looking for a white keyboard, I’ve put together this article rounding up the 7+ best white keyboards and the things should consider before making your purchase.
What Are the Best White Keyboards?
After an extensive review of numerous white keyboards, these are the devices that come out on top.
1. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE
The Cherry MX Speed Key switches and PBT Double-Shot keycaps profiles it features should give you an idea of the quality on offer, but that’s not all. This 2.76 pounds keyboard, which is compatible with all PC types, comes with customizable RGB lighting.
The Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE tops this list because of the following features:
- Strong Durable Build: It comes with a strong aluminum frame that would stand the test of time, whether you’re stationary or always on the road.
- Excellent Programming: Its Macro programming is perfect, and the customization software is efficient. It also has an 8MB onboard memory for storing profiles and a 100% anti-ghosting feature.
- Abundant Features: This mechanical keyboard packs a host of enjoyable features. Including extra USB ports, multimedia keys, Windows Key Lock, and detachable wrist rest to keep you comfortable throughout.
However, the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE is quite pricey, but this device is a long-lasting quality that would give you great value for the money spent.
This keyboard is a standout option that grants convenience and durability. The Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE is a perfect white keyboard for all professionals and gamers alike.
2. Roccat Vulcan 122 AIMO
This is another impressive keyboard powered by Roccat’s Titan switch. This beautiful mechanical keyboard houses shortened keycaps for a minimum profile, customizable 16.8 RGB lighting, and is compatible with the latest Windows PCs.
Here are the reasons why we love this keyboard:
- Powerful and Durable: The Roccat Vulcan 122 AIMO is constructed with anodized Aluminum for durability and rubberized feet for keeping it steady. We also love that the design resists dust build-up and requires lesser maintenance.
- Truly Aesthetic: This keyboard has transparent switch housing that spreads lighting evenly. It also reacts with effects as you press the keys, making it even more beautiful.
- Multiple Features for Convenience: It weighs just 1.15kg and features a detachable palm rest for ergonomics. It also has a dedicated media buttons and a volume wheel.
However, you should be aware that the keycaps are pretty poor and may peel out quickly. It does not feature an additional USB port and is also quite pricey. But then, there is no doubt you’re getting everything you paid for.
For authentic aesthetics and maximum performance, this should tick all the boxes for you. This is a powerful mechanical keyboard that we’d recommend for serious gamers.
3. Razer Blackwidow Lite
A white mechanical keyboard with real style, the Razer Blackwidow Lite is a fantastic device that can easily rival the best mechanical keyboards, including the Corsair K70. In case you have a slightly lower budget but want similar quality as our top pick, this may just be it.
It is a small tenkeyless keyboard sporting the Razer Orange switch. This sleek white mechanical keyboard has transparent keys, under which the beautiful white LED lighting shines bright. We also like that the switch produces little to no noise, despite being tactile.
There are reasons why we love the Blackwidow, and it’s because of the following:
- Programmable Macro: The macros can be customized, giving you control to play games as you want.
- Portable Build: This is a portable keyboard, even though it takes extra space on the right-hand side despite lacking the number pad. However, it adds to portability through a detachable cable.
However, this product lacks popular features, such as some extra buttons and multimedia keys. It also lacks RGB lighting, but its LED equivalent appears to be enough.
This device is suitable for any level of gaming or professional work. It slightly lacks features compared to the Corsair K70, but you may not even notice it with its good performance and high durability.
4. Razer Huntsman
This full-size white gaming keyboard features optomechanical switches. These are switches with optical sensors for a high-speed key press. With a wonderful 1.5mm and 45g actuation point and force, respectively, you’re sure of a keyboard that is not only fast but accurate and convenient.
Here are the top reasons we love the Razer Huntsman:
- Ultimate Personalization: This white gaming keyboard has the Razer Hypershift, a function that allows you to unlock multiple key combinations and effect unique personalization. You’d find this function essential for advanced controls that could be handy in taking complete control of your gameplay.
- Strong Aluminum Build: The aluminum construction is covered with a matte for high-quality design and structural rigidity. Therefore, the durability is not in question as Razer is confident to announce that this keyboard guarantees above 100 million clicks.
This keyboard does not come with media or volume keys. It also lacks certain features, like the armrest, for comfortability. However, it makes up through durability, precision, and speed.
This clicky keyboard is ideal for different gaming scales, but professionals who are not afraid to make a bold statement would also be glad to own this Razer brilliance.
5. Redragon K550
If you are searching for an affordable keyboard and offers a host of features for convenience, you should look no further than the Redragon K550.
It has the efficient Brown Tactile, and these are some reasons why we love the Redragon K550:
- All-Round Durability: Crafted with aircraft-grade Aluminum, this device boasts of one of the strongest constructions you’d find. While the overall build features ABS construction, the mechanical keys are plate-mounted to withstand rigorous gaming.
- Numerous Features: The Redragon 550 is packed with features, such as a removable wrist rest, anti-ghosting feature, USB passthrough, and several multimedia keys to keep you going without interrupting your work or play.
- Intense Personalization: It has up to 12 programmable keys to personalize for enjoyable gaming rounds. These macro keys do not have a backlight, but you can save the advanced keys with the onboard memory.
However, this device is not on the portable end, and the wrist support may not be adequately cushioned.
The Redragon K550 is perfect for professionals who need a mechanical keyboard for their day-to-day activities. It is also suitable for gaming but not for professional gamers who engage in heavy gaming.
6. Royal Kludge RK61
Price: $54.99 – $64.99
The Royal Kludge RK61 is quite powerful, despite being highly affordable. Although designed for Apple computers, it is compatible with other operating systems, including Windows, Chrome OS, and Linux.
Sporting the efficient Gateron Brown switches, it gives you quiet but tactile feedback. It also has RGB lighting that can be turned off.
This keyboard is excellent, and these are the reasons:
- Bluetooth and Cable Connections: The RK61 can connect with your device through Bluetooth or cable connection. It can even connect up to three devices at the same time. It also has a screen for switching between devices and a powerful battery.
- Compact, Lightweight, and Durable: Featuring only 61 keys, this keyboard has a compact build, is lightweight, and takes up very little space.
However, some people may find this too small, but it might also be the ideal size for you. The lighting isn’t customizable, and there are also no macros settings functions or multimedia keys.
Although one of the most affordable keyboards on the list, this is powerful enough for everyday usage. Hence, if you’re relatively new and want to test the waters with an affordable keyboard, this is your best bet.
7. Redragon K552
The Redragon K552 is the most affordable keyboard on the list but still does not compromise on quality. This entry-level mechanical keyboard features the Cherry MX switch for tactile feedback. It is compatible with all Windows PCs but may be limited when used with MAC OS computers.
Here are the other reasons why we love this keyboard:
- Compact and Durable: There are times when you need your keyboard to take as little space as possible, and this is an option that will prove helpful in that regard. Compact yet strong, the metal ABS construction gives it durability.
- Ergonomic Design: This keyboard is built with several ergonomic features, including the non-slip keys.
- RGB Lighting: The Rainbow LED lighting is specially engineered to make keycaps visible. Although it cannot be customized, it has enough lighting effects that won’t make you miss the customization.
However, this keyboard has durability issues, and you might want to look elsewhere if you’re not on a budget. There are also no macro customization or dedicated media keys.
If you want a budget keyboard that can still withstand a considerable level of use, here is your guy. We’d recommend it for new professionals or anyone who wants to try out mechanical keyboards without spending much.
What you should consider when buying a white keyboard
If you’re shopping for a white mechanical keyboard for gaming, work, or just everyday usage, we’d expect that you put them to heavy use over the years. Hence, you should make sure to go for the best, and these are the factors you should bear in mind.
The switch is what determines how smooth or rough each keypress is. Some of the best switches like the Cherry MX Speed, Gateron Brown, Razer Orange, Roccat Titan, and Brown Tactile ensure you get tactile feedback during each press. In addition, others, like Razer Optical, can help with accuracy and precision.
This is another of the primary features you need to consider. You can determine this by checking out the construction materials. Aluminum is one of the most famous bodies and has frame durability. However, it is also possible to find improvements like the Razer Huntsman’s Aluminum matte covering.
Since you would be using the keyboards for a long stretch of time, it is essential to make sure they are comfortable. This is usually a function of the size and build, and most of our suggestions have included a wrist rest feature to ensure this. You may also have to test the keyboards before buying to ensure they fit you perfectly.
4. Extra Features
There are a plethora of features you can get with white keyboards, and the more the feature, the more convenience and efficiency you get to enjoy. RGB lighting has become quite popular with many keyboards, and they assist in low-lit areas and add to aesthetics.
Some keyboards also have software that allows you to customize advanced functions. The anti-ghosting feature is also crucial for gamers or those whose tasks require using multiple keys together. Other features include multimedia and volume keys.
Is a white keyboard a good idea?
Definitely, the white keyboard gives you everything you get from a black variant. However, it may even offer several unique benefits you won’t get with other colors, especially if you opt for any of the mechanical keyboards mentioned above. A lot is also going to come down to how well you maintain the device, whether you use them for gaming or other activities.
Are white or black keyboards better?
Generally, there may not be a significant difference between a black or white keyboard. They both offer respective advantages while performing the essential mechanical keyboards functions.
Black keyboards may require lesser maintenance but are not as aesthetically pleasing as their white counterparts. Ultimately, you should pay attention to your preferences, and that may be the only factor that matters.
What is the best gaming keyboard white?
The Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE is not only the best mechanical keyboard, but it is also the best white gaming keyboard. Despite finding itself among the excellent gaming keyboards above, this keyboard has a perfect mix of all the essential factors and features required for modern-day gaming.
To Wrap Up
The best keyboard is the one that suits you. We recommend the Corsair K70 for those looking for the best white mechanical keyboard in the market. However, the other keyboards on the list are top options that you will not regret picking.
You can’t go wrong with the Roccat Vulcan 122 or Razer Blackwidow Lite for everyday work. If you’re into gaming, your top option may be the Razer Huntsman or Redragon K550. However, if you’re on a budget, the Royal Kludge RK61 and Redragon K552 are great keyboards, whether you’re working or gaming from home or office.
You may also utilize the buying guide for more custom choices. So, the next time you go keyboard-shopping, you have the perfect list guaranteed to leave you satisfied with your pick.